Sunday, May 31, 2009

Heat shimmer


I was standing under the trestle leading to the Norfolk Southern bridge over the Ohio River at Kenova WV today, getting pictures of the repeating patters of steel members. I was kind of disappointed that I hadn't seen a train go over while I was there, but then I heard a train coming from the West Virginia side. I was able to get this shot from below. When I looked at an enlarged version on my computer when I got home, I noticed there is some heat shimmer visible above the locomotive.

1 comment:

michelle said...

Kinda neat how trains and the river go together, huh. The bridges in Kenova are where I spent a whole lot of my younger years, just sitting and watching the river go by, listening to the trains. I always figured if you didn't like trains, you shouldn't live in Kenova :) At night when I couldn't sleep, I could watch the train trestle all night long if I wanted to, and seeing the passenger trains was always for some reason an extra special treat.

Nice picture. I love the patterns of train bridges.