Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back in action (updated)


The main lock at the Greenup Locks and Dam re-opened to traffic today. To me, that means two things:

1. The news article I was writing on the locks had to be rewritten.

2. The mv. Hoosier State was able to get through the locks shortly afternoon. Now I know what Adam will want to do when he gets home from school at 3 p.m. We'll probably start our search in the Kenova area. The problem is that I don't know how fast the boat is traveling. I'll check the AEP boat locator site right before we leave to get some idea, assuming it's updated by then. ... I can tell you that my camera battery is in the recharger. It should be fully recharged by the time Adam throws his backpack and coat on the floor. We're still working on that.

UPDATE: We got it as it passed Catlettsburg KY.


We almost got another new boat -- Crounse Corp.'s Paula Ruble -- in the same shot, but the Paula Ruble stopped and tied up at or near the AK Steel coke plant at Ashland before it got to Catlettsburg.

No comments: