Sunday, February 7, 2010

Counting pictures

With the house quiet, I decided to compile a month-by-month list of towboats and locomotives that I photographed last year. So far I've gotten through June. My rough count is 50 different boats and 18 locomotives.

The hard part will be the last six months, as I kicked into high gear when I lost my job in May. Plus my photo editing software won't show me July, meaning I have to use back doors to see those pics.

I'll probably post the lists in case anyone is interested in seeing which boats I saw last year.

If I get ambitious, I'll get a guide to birds of West Virginia so  I can compile a list of birds that I got photos of. I know I have turkey vultures, Canada geese, swan geese, a Muscovy duck and pigeons, and maybe a black vulture that Adam and I found dead on the side of the road. The question is exactly how many species of ducks we photographed. The number could be as low as three and as high as 10. We don't know ducks. Yet.

I can tell you that we photographed three Ohio River dams -- Greenup, Gallipolis and Racine -- and we took pictures of every bridge from Pomeroy to Portsmouth -- 12 in all, although we did not get a decent photo of the Sciotoville railroad bridge. We were able to get a photo, but not a good one.


No comments: