Friday, December 24, 2010

Two river photos

Here are a couple of photos from recent days. I'm sorry if you were looking for something newsy or informative today. I just don't got it. Like most people, my mind is on cruise control this week for some reason.

First, here are some steps on the outside of the landward guide wall at the Robert C. Byrd Locks and Dam. We've had snow on the ground for a couple of weeks. You can see here that not a lot of people have used these steps in that time.


A week or so ago, I had to take Adam to Ironton, Ohio, to see the R. Clayton McWhorter. It's his favorite Dravo Viking, and he hadn't seen it in more than a year. We got to Ironton before sunset, and we saw the boat approaching from downriver, but it was moving terribly slow. While waiting for it, I got off this shot of the Ironton-Russell Bridge. I did shoot the McWhorter as it went by, but by then too much dark had set in.


Yes, this is another one of those shots I took without benefit of a tripod.

No comments: