Thursday, February 24, 2011

You never know ,,,

I got to thinking a week or so ago about the Marathon Petroleum towboat Detroit. Adam and I have been so focused on trying to catch its sister boat, the Kentucky, that we'd forgotten all about the Detroit. I checked the vessel locations Web site for several days and couldn't find it by either its name or its ID number. So I asked someone about it. He said it was on the lower Ohio River. Sure enough, there it was on vessel locations. I almost felt like a fool, but I'm used to that feeling by now, so it doesn't bother me as much.

And today someone used Facebook to connect me to someone I hadn't seen since he was in middle school or high school, and that was a long time ago. It turns out he's a pilot, and he's on the Kanawha River right now. You never know how you lose touch with people and connect with them again, do you?

No comments: