Sunday, March 6, 2011

Excuses, excuses

It was raining. I had to hold the umbrella in one hand while working my camera with my other two hands. It was getting late, and dark. I was in a hurry because Adam had to get back to Huntington to get his new DS game from his sister and then run to a store to get a new Pokemon added to it.

But I got a few shots off anyway, for better or worse. I had to get the fog.

First, the Robert C. Byrd Locks and Dam.



The mooring cells below the locks, partly hidden by high water.



The community of Bladen, Ohio, about a mile and a quarter below the dam.


The lights in the center are at a store known as Bladen Landing.

And two views of some houses along the river below Miller, Ohio, as seen from the West Virginia side. I normally don't do this, but (full disclosure) I played with the color some.


No comments: