Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Always looking for photo opps

To all you towboating people out there: If you're going to be in my area (say, Catlettsburg, Ky., to Point Pleasant, W.Va.) on a weekend or an evening, feel free to drop me a line so I can get a picture of your boat and perhaps you on it. There are some boats that Adam and I enjoy seeing even if we have tons of photos of them already, and there are some we haven't photographed. So if you're in our area where we can see you from a publicly accessible spot on the river bank, let us know. If we can be there, we'll try to get a shot. My work schedule and his homework schedule may work against it, but we'll try.


4 comments:

Bill Alden said...

I'm not a towboater, but it would be easier to contact you if you had an email link near the top of the page. Otherwise people will have to search out this post in the "Older Posts" department.

ohio981 said...

True, but I get enough spam on this site as it is. I check comments a couple of times a day, even when I'm not posting.

ohio981 said...

I mean, do you want to buy a wedding dress? A watch? Some XXX-rated material? Want to read something in Cyrillic script? I get it almost daily. What I don't get anymore are letters from the son of the former minister of finance in Nigeria who needs my help in getting his millions out of the country.

Bill Alden said...

I can see how you might get annoyed by a bunch of these:

Beloved,I am Deborah Mannings.I write this email to you on my sick bed
facing death.I have a substantial sum I would like you to help me
distribute to the needy and helpless.God bless you as you reply through
mann_deb@yahoo.cn

Right.

Anyway, I have seen other people post their email addresses in this form:

John.Doe "at" aol.com

In theory, this would stymie an email-address-harvesting robot, but it may not work in practice.