Wednesday, April 18, 2012

An evening at Harris Riverfront Park ...

... here in Huntington WV.

After work, I had to wait for my older son, Joey, to finish up his PT session at the Marine Corps recruiting office, so I went down to the river. I didn't have my good camera, but I did have a phone with a camera. I took these pictures. I did no editing to them. This is how they came out of the camera, except that I added my name to them.

The river had almost a metallic color to it.


Feeding the birds before dad gets there with his fishing gear.


Where mud meets concrete.



Where layers of silt have fallen away.


It wouldn't be the Ohio River without a log in the water.


It wouldn't be the Ohio River without some trash on the shore.


It wouldn't be the Ohio River without some tires in the water.


Ducks.


One last look at the bridge.


And the tree-lined sidewalk at the top of the bank.




No comments: