Sunday, August 4, 2013

Donning the vest

My 13-year-old son, Adam, and I were in Marietta, Ohio, yesterday for the open house of the AEP towboat MIke Weisend. We met up with C.R. Neale, whose family owns a marine business down the river at Vienna, W.Va. C.R. gave us the tour of their operation. As part of that, Adam had to put on a personal floatation device.




He loved it. Adam wants to work on the river, and putting on the vest, visiting a drydock and getting on board two or three boats there was the highlight of his week. Being on a boat is his second-favorite place in the world. His first favorite is anywhere he can be with his five-month-old niece,  but that's another story.

Now that I look at the picture larger, it's a little off plumb. Oh well.



2 comments:

mike said...

Nice looking young man but I think you know that.

Thanks for posting again, and for the working boat background.

Granny Sue said...

We went to the AEP tour too, and loved it. I posted some photos on my blog you might want to look at. It was one of the things I have always wanted to do. It would have been nice to cross trails with you there.