Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cold morning on the Kanawha

Some pics of the Amherst Madison boat M/V Lucedale that I got while driving to work Friday morning:







Because traffic was light on I-64, I rolled down my window and snapped away blindly in an area where I could get some shots of water vapor coming off the John Amos power plant. This is one of them:



Just my luck, my wife and I came down with the flu or worse just as the cold snap that could bring minus-30 wind chills to the area moves in. So I may skip getting ice photos.

We'll just have to see.

And I just had to label one of the photos as 2013 instead of 2014. At least that's out of my system now.


2 comments:

gw said...

Hi,

Great blog you have here. Both sets of my grandparents lived along the river in Ohio, in Racine and New Matamoras.

My grandad was a river boat pilot for Dravo on the Carl Potts (now the George N. Here's a photo of his boat back int he 80's:

http://www.towboatgallery.com/George_N-0571099.php?mnu=&ept=CRL

Just thought you might dig that.

ohio981 said...

Interesting. Thanks.