Thursday, February 12, 2015

A cold day in February three years ago

It's past what should be my bedtime, but I found this tonight while looking for pictures from 2012.

Feb. 12, 2012, was a bitterly cold Sunday, but it was a great day for an open house aboard one of the older towboats working the Ohio River. That was the day in Point Pleasant that the M/V O. Nelson Jones was on public display as the towboat simulator at the Point Pleasant River Museum was named in Jones' honor.



Despite the cold, a lot of people turned out to tour the boat. When I was young, this was one of three designs that I remembered as being Ohio River towboats. The others were the Hillman boats such as the M/V Charleston and the box-on-a-box design, the most memorable of the bunch being the C.T. Jones, which I remembered as the Kathy R.

And that's about it. A good day for touring a boat, even if the day was a cold as today.

No comments: