Thursday, June 4, 2015

Smallest boat I've seen in a while

This boat was parked at the marina here in Huntington WV a couple of days ago.


I couldn't find a record of it moving on the Corps of Engineers website, but a check of Coast Guard records verified a boat named the Slim Island as having been built in 1974. It is 35 feet long, 10.1 feet wide and drafts 4 feet.

A web check of the phone number links it to Rick Jarboe's Complete Carpet Service & Slip Dredging Service, which would explain its presence at the restaurant and marina in Huntington.

And that was about all I found in a night of web surfing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From a old river man, ''tied up'' would be more fitting than parked.Come on I,m surprised at you Jim.

ohio981 said...

Does a 35-foot boat that's only 10 feet wide qualify for being "tied up"? Plus I couldn't see how it was secured, or to what.

OK, you got me. I was going to say "tied up," but for some reason "parked" sounded better. Next time I'll do better.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good,just remember from a 10`foot Jon boat tied to a willow tree or a 12000hp towboat tied to a lock wall, tie-up is the word,been on a few towboats in my years,never parked one,ran aground a few time,even than I did,n
ot park it there,keep up the good work Jim.