Sunday, February 5, 2017

The new Murray boat in black and white

Last night I figured I would play with some photos I took last September of the new Murray American Transportation towboat when it came up the Ohio River. The boat was on the hip of another boat, and the sun was in such a spot where I could not get a good shadow-free shot of the new boat.

As I did several things, I experimented to see how it would look in black and white. This is the better view, as the sun was behind my right shoulder.


And this is the view from the north, or Ohio, side of the river


I don't know if Murray American plans to have a christening ceremony, and I don't know if it plans to send the boat down this way any time soon when the lighting conditions are more favorable. If I get back to the upper part of the river again, I'll be on the lookout for it.

No comments: