Thursday, May 28, 2009

Under the East End bridge

I had to go out early this morning to drop one person off and pick one person up. On the way back home, we passed through the Guyandotte neighborhood of Huntington. The clouds were low and gray, and I wanted to get a picture of the East End bridge against that background.

I went to the boat ramp and to the spot between the last land pier and the river and got a few verticals. I turn the camera back around and snapped a couple of horizontals, including this one.



The image has not been altered or corrected. It's how the camera saw the scene before I started playing with the various settings. I was going to get a few more photos, but I happened to look to the west and saw this big gray curtain hanging over everything. I knew it wasn't fog, so I ran up the hill to my car. It was sprinkling when I got inside. A few seconds later, the rain came down heavy.

A few months ago, I got a photo similar to this one, but it was in the fog. All you could see were the bridge deck and the pier, and their reflections in the water. You couldn't see at bit of the Ohio shore.

No comments: