Wednesday, April 21, 2010

From the archives 4: the Becky Thatcher

A few weeks ago, when the Becky Thatcher sank at or near Pittsburgh, I had it in my head that I had seen the boat being towed down the Ohio River just below the Gallipolis Locks and Dam, probably around 1984, when I bought my Nikon FM2 camera. The other morning, I found those pictures.

This first one is of the Becky itself, in a drydock being pushed down the river by the mv. Charleston, which is out of the photo to the left, or a boat of similar design. The second photo shows the entire tow. I do not know the name of the smaller boat. Where it was going and what was to be done to it, I did not check, so I do not know.



Four archive entries down, two to go.

(Reminder: All photos on this blog, except as otherwise noted, are copyrighted by me, Jim Ross, and are not to be downloaded, used or reproduced without my written permission.)

No comments: