Monday, August 2, 2010

No surprise here


On Saturday or Sunday, my 10-year-old river fan son, Adam, and I were talking about boats in the Marathon Petroleum fleet. I was mentioning how Marathon had sold the Tri-State to make room for the new boats it had ordered, and I said it had advertised the Marathon and the Ashland for sale.

We agreed  that the Ashland would probably end up in South America, mainly because of its age and size. There's more of a market for older American boats on the Parana River than there is for them on American rivers.

So what greeted us last night but a message from someone saying the Ashland was seen in New Orleans being prepared for a trip to South America.

Perhaps the Ashland, Ohio, Indiana and a few other boats recently sent to the other side of the equator will show up eventually on Gustavo Di Iorio's photostream on Flickr.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The word I heard she would be loaded and headed south within the week!