Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A cold day by the river

I finally got to spend a little time down by the Ohio River today, but not much, as I had to be somewhere. But I did manage to squeeze in a few quick shots.  I hope to do some more leisurely but more focused shooting tomorrow or Thursday.

First, you can tell by the drift left behind that the river got this far up the the boat launch ramp at Harris Riverfront Park in Huntington a few days ago.


About seven miles up the river, I saw the Buckeye State approaching the bend where old Lock and Dam 27 was until it was removed from the river almost half a century ago.



Heading back toward Huntington, this is the Lawson W. Hamilton Jr. approaching the East End bridge. As with the Buckeye State, flurries obstruct the view a bit.


Here is one example of the ice sculptures the river made while washing over various objects along the shore.


And this is the Lawson W. Hamilton Jr. heading down the river.

No comments: