Tuesday, February 22, 2011

So much to do. So much for gas.

This is the Simon Kenton Bridge over the Ohio River at Maysville, Ky., with Ripley, Ohio, in the background.



This is one of the few remaining suspension bridges left over the Ohio, at least within a day trip drive of where I live. I say suspension bridge to differentiate it from a cable stay bridge like many of the newer ones.

Gasoline prices here in the Huntington, W.Va., area jumped to $2.399 a gallon today, which was an increase of about 25 cents. I had planned to go down to Maysville this summer and spend a day photographing the two bridges there, but I may have to reconsider those plans if gasoline hits $4.50 to $5 a gallon as some people have said is possible.

I hear there's a hill on the Ohio side of the river at Maysville that gives a good view of the valley. I'll get the specifics before I go so Adam and I can get some good shots. What, you all didn't think I'd go alone, did you?

No comments: