Sunday, February 12, 2012

This and that

Adam and I are headed to Point Pleasant in a little bit for the ceremony at the river museum. And if the open house of the M/V O. Nelson Jones is still on, we'll be there, too.

###

Another indication of how much people and institutions rely on bridges: Universities on each end of the Sherman Minton Bridge in Louisville say enrollment is down since the bridge closed for repairs.

###


And here's an article that lists several places to get good barbecue, including one in Owensboro, Ky. I think it was in Owensboro one time that I was driving along looking for a good local, non-chain place to eat, as it was into the afternoon and I hadn't eaten since breakfast. I was about to pull into the parking lot of one place when I noticed the marquee advertising something like "fresh brain sandwich," so I drove on to the next city and got a fish sandwich at McDonald's.




No comments: