Sunday, December 16, 2012

Amber Brittany and Mary K Cavarra

The motor vessel Amber Brittany is one of my favorite boats to photograph, even if it's rarely in a spot where I can get a few good shots. This evening, right around sunset, it was at the Campbell fleet at Henderson WV, right below the mouth of the Kanawha River. Too bad there's a narrow shoulder on a busy highway and a lot of leafless trees along the river bank, but I managed to get a couple of shots.




I like the Amber Brittany's color scheme as much as I do any other boat's on the river. Plus the lines of the boat are nice.

On the way back to Huntington, I stopped by the Gallipolis Robert C. Byrd Locks and Dam, and I saw the Ingram boat Mary K. Cavarra leaving. This is one shot I got as all around me was turning dark.


I'm not that familiar with this particular boat, but all I had to do was look at the size of the pilothouse and the arrangement of its front windows, and I said to myself, yep, that's a St. Louis Ship boat.

No comments: