Tuesday, June 10, 2014

RIP, Lelia

I've been told one of the prettiest old-time boats on the Ohio River, the Lelia C. Shearer, is going under the torch and is being scrapped. I hadn't seen her for a while, and I was hoping she was working somewhere else or on her way to South America.

In the face-off tournament I had planned once, I was going to pit the Lelia against the O. Nelson Jones (nee Pennsylvania, nee L. Fiore). I would take up for one boat as being prettier and Adam would take the other. I would let him choose which he preferred and I would take the other.

She was a beauty.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sad to hear that. Have you heard anything about or seen the Oliver C. Shearer lately?

Joe Schneid said...

Was this her last trip?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jmschneid/14215304990/