Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A career in prophecy awaits

I was in South Point, Ohio, today to cover something for the Waterways Journal when I ran into a former colleague from my days working for the Huntington WV newspaper. She's a news photographer, and we did a lot of fun stuff together before I got downsized, rightsized and capsized there. Her late father was a captain on the Harllee Branch Jr. before he retired.

As we waited for a ceremony to begin, I said to her that it would be nice if one of the new Marathon boats would come by. She wanted it to be up against the shore where we stood. I would have settled for a nice shot of it going down the river.

And guess what I saw about 10 or 15 minutes later.



Next up: predicting the stock market or Powerball numbers. Or maybe not.

No comments: