Thursday, February 12, 2015

Crowdsourcing: Lock and Dam 27

A reader asked me for information on old Lock and Dam 27 at Proctorville, Ohio. I was going to send her some, but it might make a decent Ohio River Blog entry, too.

Here's where I want to try something different: I have drawings and dimensions and photos of what's left of the place, but does anyone else have something to contribute? Lock and Dam 27 was replaced by the Greenup Locks and Dam in or around 1961. Thus, the pool of people who used it or who worked there is probably pretty thin. But does anyone have memories of the place they would like to share, or even photos? I'll give you credit if it's something I can use, of course.

As of right now, I plan to write this between now and Saturday night and post it live Sunday morning.

If anyone can help with this, I thank you.


No comments: