Friday, May 8, 2015

M/V R.L. Carter Jr. at sunrise

A few minutes before the sun clawed its way over the West Virginia hills this a.m., the M/V R.L. Carter Jr. was preparing to round the bend at about Mile 301 on the Ohio River, right below the location of the former Lock and Dam 27. I had left the house without all my camera gear, so I made do with the lens that I had. It seems to have been adequate.

I couldn't decide which of the two pictures I like better, so here are both.




Per the normal practice in these parts, as I was taking pictures some moron had to honk his horn to distract me. I suppose there's some entertainment value in helping a person lose a picture he really wants to get, but I don't know what it is. The only reason I can think of is stupidity, and I do not use that word lightly.

No comments: