Monday, February 1, 2016

M/V Jincy (again)

Here are a few more shots I got of the Jincy as it rearranged barges at Virginia Point Park at Kenova WV a couple of days ago.

First, a view of the boat from several angles.










Here's a deckhand doing what deckhands do.



And here's a guy in the pilothouse. I guess he's sitting on what I've heard called the liar's bench.



As noted before, I rarely get this close to a Crounse boat. It's a company that prefers to fly (or sail) under the radar and not draw a lot of attention to itself. I've been aboard boats that belonged (at the time) to Ashland Oil, Ingram, AEP, Ohio River Co., Amherst Madison, Marathon, Marathon Ashland, McGinnis, Murray Energy, Neale, Merdie Boggs, White Brothers and maybe ACBL. I may have forgotten a couple. But Crounse is one company whose boats I have not touched.

Yet. Maybe someday.

No comments: