Friday, July 29, 2022

Four Marathon boats at Catlettsburg

 So am I spending too much time with black and white? I don't think so.


With my first real camera in 1976, the first few rolls of film I shot were black and white. I went to color a few months later. In early 1977, I shot my first roll of color slide film, and that hooked me on color.

But we all tend to regress to our early days sooner or later. I am no exception. I'm even thinking about buying a decent film camera and learning to develop black and white film. I can always scan the negatives to have prints made.

Black and white also gives a more timeless look to some photos. When I went aboard the Belle of Louisville when it was in drydock in November 2020, I edited some images in square format to make them look like a photo from the 1950s.

So, am I spending too much time with black and white?


No comments: