Saturday, May 18, 2024

Point Pleasant River Museum

The Point Pleasant River Museum and Lakin Ray Cook Learning Center is open again. It opened back in September, but a grand opening event is scheduled for this summer, possiblythe first week in July.

I wrote about it in my column in The Herald-Dispatch of Huntington.

Here are a few pictures I got when I was invited up there on Wednesday. Mason County Commissioner Rick Handley invited me to be his guest at a Rotary meeting in the museum because I had bugged him about the museum for a while.

First, a model of the Silver Bridge.


A model of the Delta Queen.




A relic from a beautiful boat that was scrapped a few years ago.



A model of a Dravo Viking with an interesting name.


A model of the W.P. Snyder Jr.


And in the lobby is a portrait of the late Jack Fowler, who is credited with having done the work to make the museum what it is today. Fowler passed away after the old buildinb burned and before the new one opened.



No comments: