Friday, May 29, 2009

Marina moved


Yesterday afternoon, after dropping my daughter and her friend off at Pullman Square, I wandered over to Harris Riverfront Park to look around. I saw this and thought a dredge was about to clean mud from the park dock area.  I looked again and realized it was a marina.

The first thought in my head was that these slips came from the one up at Guyandotte that sank a while back. The boat pushing them was a local boat -- not made for a lot of long-distance trips. This morning on the 6 a.m. news, WSAZ-TV reported that it was indeed from Guyandotte, and that this dock will be added to the one already at the upper end of HRP.


1 comment:

michelle said...

Huh, that's pretty neat. Glad you got a picture of it. I'd never thought about marinas being moved before.

Are there more people keeping their boats at HRP now?