Saturday, April 30, 2011

D.A. Grimm

Here's one of the D.A. Grimm stopping at Kenova, W.Va., to pick up a few barges. Or move them around. I don't know what it was doing, really, because I couldn't get a good look at it. But I did get a different view of it as I shot the pilothouse from below, thanks to the high water.



The Grimm is one of my favorite boats to shoot. I don't know why. Maybe it's the classic old-time look. Maybe it's because I see it and a similar boat, the Bill Stile, so often.

I took this picture, too. Then I tried to tweak it to make it look better. But things kept going wrong. So I remembered an old saying: Once a job has been messed up, any attempt to make it better will only make it worse, sometimes much worse.

Here's evidence that said saying is true:



No comments: