Saturday, February 18, 2023

MAP Runner on the Ohio, 2/12/23 (edited)

 Here are some more from this past Sunday as the M/V MAP Runner comes down from Kenova WV to Catlettsburg KY, then back up the river so it can go up the Bit Sandy River to pick up an empty barge.

The first photo was shot from a distance away and had to be cropped down to get this detail, for what that's worth.




Next up: Two boats meet on the Big Sandy. That entry should go live at 5:30 p.m.

UPDATE: I just noticed I left a couple of pictures out of this post that I had intended to include. Here they are.

In the first one, the MAP Runner is making the turn to head up the Big Sandy. The boat in the background between the flags on the MAP Runner's tow knees, is the R.H. Beymer of Superior Marine. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to frame one boat with another.


I tend to like this one in black and white.




No comments: