Sunday, March 13, 2011

Flood Saturday, Part 3

Final three pics from Saturday's trip up the Ohio River. Probably.

I saw a lot of this along Ohio Route 7.




One farmer saved as much as he could, but it looked like the river got more than half of it.

Here's the view from Mound Hill Cemetery at Gallipolis, Ohio. The bottomland over in West Virginia wasn't as flooded as I thought it would be.



At one time, I saw a boat off in the distance, pushing some barges up the river. Its engines were putting out a lot of smoke.

For the trip back to Huntington, I decided to try West Virginia Route 2 south of Point Pleasant. I got about eight miles, then I found the water over the bridge at Crab Creek. I shot this through my windshield and into the sun. I didn't get out of the car. If you look in the lower left corner, you'll see a  Dodge Durango turning around. There was a lot of that, and I didn't want to stand in traffic.



I didn't want to drive through this. Even if my car could have made it -- which I doubt -- there was too great a chance for damage. So I went back down the Ohio side.

There's one other spot I want to shoot. I might try to get to it today.


No comments: